Monday Morning Sunshine
FDR used to give radio addresses in bad times that urged Americans to stay positive; now Barack Obama is doing the same thing.
In that vein, I'm all about the happy stuff. Fall weather. Crisp air. Road Trips. Good Advices.
Here's some great advice on keeping things fresh, light and inexpensive from some old chums-of-chums over in New York City.
Per Maxwell at Apartment Therapy:
"For Monday, I put together this little list of the little things that make a difference to me and linked to some other good ones that have gathered many comments. I invite you to send in your own."
• Buying fresh flowers each week
• Cooking at home (instead of takeout or going out)
• Cleaning the windows
• Sorting your mail right away when you come home (recycle the junk mail!)
• Oiling your butcher blocks (so they don't split)
• Inviting friends over for dinner more often (rather than going out)
You can click through here to see the rest.
(And don't forget to check the global voting polls at www.betavote.com -- a buddy of mine engineered a gigantic, worldwide poll that asks, "Who would you vote for if anyone in the world could vote for the American president?" The results are uplifting.)
What are your little things?
photo from The Obama 100 party: Winni Wintermeyer