My dear friend Tali taught me this easy, fabu recipe!
Spicy Fennel + Sausage Pasta with Pecorino + Chile Flakes
2. Brown up some sausage or ground meat. Sweet Italian sausage is best, but ground lamb is awesome, or any pork sausage. Ground beef, chicken or turkey will do in a pinch. How much? 1 big link per person. Cut open the casing and crumble the meat before you cook it.
3. Mortar and pestle some whole fennel seeds and red chile flakes. About 1/4 teaspoon of fennel seeds and 1/8 teaspoon chile flakes per big sausage link.
4. Throw the fennel and chile flakes in toward the end of your sausage browning process.
5. Chop up a big handful of broccoli raab per sausage link and throw it in! Salt + pepper to taste. Saute it all until the broccoli raab wilts, then throw in the pasta. You might need a splash of pasta water to get it all bubbling and cohesive.
6. Grate 1/8 to 1/4 cup of pecorino romano cheese per sausage link and scatter it in at the last minute. Turn off the heat, toss it all together, then serve.
7. Eat the pants off of this quick, delicious meal!