Peace, Love & Rocky Roast opens in Columbia, SC
Happily, I would like to report that the new fancypants, independent gelato shop and coffeehouse in Columbia, SC's Vista district is open!
Peace, Love and Rocky Roast is on Gervais St. btw Park and Lincoln, a block and a half from the SC State House. They're next to the old Mais Oui space, across from Nonnah's and Carol Saunders Gallery.
Here are the bullet points of awesomeness:
- Organic, fair trade coffee, roasted on site. It is highly delicious and I couldn't be more pleased.
- Open Sundays.
- GREAT gelato.
- Wi-Fi. Code comes printed on your receipt.
- Giant space.
- Open 6am-10pm weekdays, til midnight Fri-Sat.
- They have a gelato flavor that combines chocolate, pistachio, and amaretto, called "Amadeus Dream," of which I approve quite highly.
- They have a few breakfast offerings and a smart little menu of simple snacks: scoops of things like chicken salad or Palmetto Cheese on a croissant or over romaine, with sides like pita chips or apple slices.
- The owner, Butch Allen, is awesome!
Seems like they've put a lot of best practices to work here. Excellence in action. Sweet.
The man's got pride in his enterprise. This is cool.
*I'm not affiliated with this business in any way, except as a happy customer.